Professional Development Series
Name: Professional Development Series
Date: April 26, 2017
Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM CDT
Registration: Register Now
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES:
TALENT AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT FOR TODAY’S LEADERS
Speaker: Wendy Hazzard, author of “Being a Leader …Just Became Easier!” 14 Leadership Development Modules
Join the Woodbury Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Century College for these dynamic and engaging presentations.
APRIL 26, 2017I’m Not Negative! Combating Negativity by Improving Your Conflict Management Style
When negativity is a permanent fixture and begins to run rampant in the workplace, it can turn toxic to the organization and its employees. We will explore how positive reinforcement channeled in to the talents of employees not only removes negativity, it will help grow future leaders in your organization:
- Identifying negativity and why it exists in the workplace.
- How to reverse negativity by driving forward with positive conflict management skills.
- Five conflict-handling modes and reflective versus reflexive approaches.
- Let’s talk about it – negotiation focus planning.
- Win-Win: Minimizing recurrent conflict.
JUNE 15, 2017
Succession Planning for Future Leaders
No matter the industry in which you work one thing is certain, and that is change. A growing organization is a changing organization and it needs the right leaders to move its mission and vision forward. This highly-engaging, lightning-paced and fun training session will show how YOU can groom future leaders (as well as yourself) to excellence:
- It’s a generation thing.
- Securing human development.
- Defining your organizations leadership system and reading what it needs.
- Mentor/Mentee program that generates new leaders
- Future leader sustainability.
AUGUST 23, 2017
Plateaued Employees: How to Re-Motivate and Inspire!
How do you motivate an already overworked individual or team? This session provides guidelines for handling motivation-related issues and how to convey enthusiasm and organizational objectives that inspire:
- Using basic principles of motivation.
- Expectations for excellence to establish high standards of performance.
- How to inspire your employees to excel.
- Rewarding people for good performance.
- Individualize your approach to motivation.