Open Door Community Theatre
Arts & Culture
Established in 2019, Open Door Community Theatre (ODCT) brings together the considerable talents and deep experience of local volunteers to stage high-quality productions, in partnership with and for the benefit of local organizations that serve the needs of the broader community.
WHO IS ODCT?
Our mission at ODCT is unique in our commitment to donate a portion of our shows' proceeds to local community non-profit partners. In our inaugural production of Shrek the Musical in July 2019, ODCT donated $10,956 to the Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf in Oakdale, MN! Our second production, Stars on Broadway 5: Heroes and Villains, was produced in partnership with Aspire Music Academy. This wonderful production had a cast of over 120 performers of all ages, and benefitted Coco's Heart Dog Rescue and the Aspire Music Academy Foundation.
HOW CAN I HELP?
ODCT Needs YOU!
- Volunteer with us! We need costumers, prop masters, directors, choreographers, set designers and builders, technical staff, ushers, producers, painters, board members, performers - there's something for everyone!
- Support us financially! ODCT is a 501(c)(3) organization, and we count on the donations of supporters to do our good work. You can support us by making a one-time donation or being a business sponsor for one of our productions.
- Attend our shows! We've received rave reviews from our audiences, and our shows are lively community events.
For more details, visit our website!
- Shrek the Musical - July 2019 - Community Partner: Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf
- Stars on Broadway 5: Heroes and Villains - February 2020 - Community Partner: Coco's Heart Dog Rescue
- Disney's The Little Mermaid - June 2022 - Community Partner: SoWashCo CARES
- Godspell - February 2023 - Community Partner: Angels of Hope Memorial, Woodbury