Community Awards Gala
2021 Woodbury Area Chamber Community Awards Nominations
Now is the time to nominate a Business, Educator, Everyday Hero, Public Safety Worker and Nonprofit who has made a difference in the Woodbury area community this year! Criteria for each category listed below. The winners will be announced at the Chamber's Gala on January 21, 2022. Submit nominations by clicking online link below. Deadline for nominations is November 15, 2021.
NOMINATE ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
Business of the Year—Nominee must be a member in good standing with the Woodbury Area Chamber of Commerce; an active business located or operating in the Woodbury area for a minimum of five years; show stability or growth in sales and services; demonstrate ethical business practices and corporate or community leadership.
Everyday Hero—Nominee must reside in the Woodbury area and shown outstanding public service to the community and/or has positively influenced another's life through compassion, kindness, generosity. Tell us about a person whose good deeds went above and beyond to help others.
Nonprofit of the Year—Nominee must be an active 501-C3 organization located or operating in the Woodbury area for a minimum of three years, a Woodbury chamber member in good standing and made a notable impact on the quality of life for those who live and work in the Woodbury area while adhering to their nonprofit mission statement (mission statement must be included with nomination).
Public Safety Worker of the Year—Nominee must be employed as a public safety worker with the Woodbury area and been involved in an event or circumstance that displayed heroism, community service, bravery or dedication in 2021.
Past Award Recipients (2020-2013):
- Business: Angelina's Kitchen, Culvers of Woodbury, Big Frog Custom T-Shirts of Woodbury, Family Achievement Center, Crossroads Properties, Woodbury Dance Center, ICC Restoration & Cleaning Services, Minuteman Press, Express Employment
- Citizen: Donna Stafford, Roger Green, Mary Giuliani Stephens, Theresa Janechek, Margaret Wachholz, Nicole Robbins & Lisa Engh, Inez Oehlke, Jack Lanners, Dwight Picha
- Educator: Jacquelyn Bock, Woodbury High School; Louise Erickson, New Life Academy; Randy Spring, Liberty Ridge Elementary; Richard Romano, Newport Elementary; Lisa Hyland, Woodbury High School; Christy Moen, Peace of Mind Early Education Center; Nicole Loch, ISD 833-Next Step Program; Robin Kazek, Lake Middle School; Brent Comedu, Woodbury High School
- Public Safety Worker: Woodbury Public Safety Department First Responders, Kris Mienert, Woodbury Assistant Public Safety Director/Assistant Police Chief and Greg Rinzel, Cottage Grove Police Captain; Woodbury Police Officers: Jeff Benysek, Steve Hane, Adam Sack, Nick Wachal; Detective Paul Kroshus & Assistant Washington County Prosecutor Imran Ali
- Nonprofit: Woodbury Community Foundation, Woodbury Senior Living, Oak Meadows Senior Living, Woodbury Athletic Association, Ideal Community Foundation, Youth Service Bureau, Woodbury Lions, Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf
Join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton for an upscale evening of celebration, socializing, and camaraderie where we will recognize those in the community who make Woodbury a better place to work and live. Watch for more details.
Sponsor the Event
For information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Laurie Staiger at 651-578-0722 or email@example.com
Donate to the Silent Auction and Wine Pull
If you wish to donate a gift basket, gift card or item/service valued at $50 or greater for the silent auction or would like to donate 6 or more bottles of wine for the wine pull, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15. All donors will be recognized at the event.